The health and safety of all of our employees and partners is our first priority. To keep everyone safe as the COVID-19/coronavirus situation continues to develop, the 65 Court Street Service Center remains closed to walk-ins for the time being. We ask all visitors to 65 Court Street to virtually contact our offices so that we can help you as quickly and effectively as possible. Please see details on how to reach us below.
As of April 22, 2022, the NYC DOE will no longer accept appointments for fingerprinting services, and these services will NO LONGER be available at an NYC DOE facility. Instead, all fingerprinting services for NYC DOE candidates will be referred to, and completed by, a third-party vendor named IdentoGO.
The last day to register and be fingerprinted with the NYC DOE will be on Friday 4/22/22 at the close of business. After this date, candidates will have to wait until 5/5/22 to register and be fingerprinted with IdentoGO. The two-week period between 4/22 and 5/5 will be a blackout period for fingerprinting services.
For updated information about getting fingerprinted after 4/22, please see the Fingerprinting Instructions in Applicant Gateway.
I-9 Verification of Documentation
As of May 1, 2022, individuals requiring an I-9 verification will need to complete this via an in-person appointment at the HR Connect Service Center. Appointments are available via the HR Connect Service Center Reservation System.
Current DOE Employees
Use the HR Connect Web Portal to find answers to human resources-related questions, including:
- Leaves of absence
- Personal and tax data changes
Please visit the New Employee section of the DOE InfoHub for information about completing the steps to begin work with the DOE, including:
- Accessing the Applicant Gateway
- Fingerprinting and I-9s,
- Background and certification checks
Please visit the Former Employees section of the InfoHub for information about:
- Unemployment insurance
- Claim, determination, and hearing procedures
- Separation-related payroll forms
- Transitioning to retirement
- DOE retirement systems
Contacting Individual Offices
For questions you are unable to resolve using the channels on the front of this page, you can reach out to individual DOE offices below:
- HR Connect (for inquiries re: leaves, benefits, & general HR questions): (718) 935-4000
- Board of Education Retirement System (BERS): Brespon@bers.nyc.gov
- Office of Appeals and Reviews: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of the Auditor General (OAG):
- General inquiries: email@example.com
- Custodial inquiries: SNEUM@schools.nyc.gov
- Civil Service Management Unit:
- If you received a Civil Service List Notice of Hiring Pool and have questions, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO): https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo
- Office of Field & Information Services (OFIS):
- Salary Services: SalaryDifferential/SalaryStepPlacement@schools.nyc.gov
- Certification/Licensing: NYCDOECertUnit@schools.nyc.gov
- Other OFIS inquiries: OFIS@schools.nyc.gov
- Division of Financial Operations:
- Payroll Check Management Unit: Call (718) 935-2219
- Office of Accounts Payables: email@example.com
- Office of Non-Public School Payables (NPSP):
- Office of HR School Support:
- Full-time paraprofessionals: PARAPROFESSIONALINQUIRY@schools.nyc.gov
- Paraprofessional Milestone for Certification: Para_Milestones@schools.nyc.gov
- DASA workshop information: DASA_Workshop@schools.nyc.gov
- Substitute Disciplinary Unit: SubstituteDisciplinaryUnit@schools.nyc.gov
- Office of Medical Records/Office of Teacher Records
- Requests can be made by sending a filled out Teacher Records Medical Chart Request Form and emailing HRConnectMedRequests@schools.nyc.gov.
- Office of Personnel Investigation (OPI): OPIINFO@schools.nyc.gov
- Office of Special Investigation (OSI):
- Inquiries: OSI-Inquiries@schools.nyc.gov
- Complaints: Corporal Punishment and Verbal Abuse Reporting Form
- General SubCentral inquiries: SubCentral@schools.nyc.gov
- Substitute Teacher Applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sub Paraprofessional Applicants: Substituteparaprofessionaljobs@schools.nyc.gov
If you are unsure which office can address your question, please call (718) 935-4000.
If you are a DOE employee and you have specific questions about COVID-related issues, please email COVIDTIMEKEEPING@schools.nyc.gov.