We are committed to providing policy and operational supports that aid programs in delivering the highest quality early childhood care and education.
COVID Health and Safety Guidance
- NYCEECs Health and Safety Guidance
- FCC Health and Safety Guidance
- District School and Pre-K Center Health and Safety Guidance
The Policy Handbook highlights operational guidance and best practices on a variety of topics, including health and safety, facilities and materials, staffing, general program oversight, and instructional programming to support leaders, teachers, and staff in operating high-quality early childhood classrooms. If you have any questions about the guidance provided, please contact EarlyChildhoodPolicy@schools.nyc.gov.
- Birth-to-Five Policy Handbook for New York City Early Education Centers (NYCEECs)
- 3-K for All & Pre-K for All Handbook for District Schools and Pre-K Centers
- Family Child Care Network (FCCN) Handbook
- Family Child Care Affiliated Provider Program Guide
- Infant and Toddler Guidance
EFQ Supporting Resources
If you have any questions, please contact EFQ@schools.nyc.gov.
Statement on Positive Behavior Guidance
Programs are responsible for structuring an environment and approaching interactions in ways that build positive relationships with children and families. Children and families should feel secure, supported, and recognized as important members of a program’s community. The Statement on Positive Behavior Guidance outlines the expectations and guidelines around supporting positive behavior in a developmentally appropriate way.
Multi-Factor Authentication for WES
Starting July 1, 2021 all users of the Web Enrollment System (WES) will have to use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to log into WES. MFA will require all users to either acknowledge a prompt appearing on their smartphone or respond to a phone call (Robocall) each time they log in to WES. This new process will ensure that the application meets the City’s latest cybersecurity policies and standards.
Prior to their first login attempt after July 1, existing WES users must enroll in MFA by following these MFA Enrollment Instructions also explained in the following videos:
- MFA for WES – Part 1: Introduction to MFA
- MFA for WES – Part 2: Enrolling in MFA with the App method
- MFA for WES – Part 3: Enrolling in MFA with the Robocall method
This one-time action is required in order to initialize your MFA settings prior to your first WES login attempt after July 1, 2021. After July 1, users will not be able to log into WES until they successfully complete their MFA enrollment.
Note that programs must have a valid WES username and password prior to enrolling in MFA. If you do not recall your WES password or if your WES password is no longer active, you must reset your password by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Password request”, including your WES username and a cell phone number in the body of the email. You will receive a temporary password within 48 hours via email or text. You will be asked to modify that temporary password when completing your MFA enrollment.
For questions or technical support with MFA enrollment, please contact WES.MFASupport@strongschools.nyc . If your question is related to a technical issue, please make sure to include your WES username in the email, describe the issue you are experiencing and add a screenshot of the error message, if any.
Administration & Finance
NYCEEC leaders play a key role in shaping a vision for how their programs will help students learn and grow within the community each program serves. These resources will help support the management of administrative systems and tasks.
- Pre-KIDS User Manual
- Vendor Management Site Permissions
- Furniture & Materials Inventory Log
- Short Break: Parent/Guardian Notification & Consent Form
- Operations Calendar - December 2020
- Pre-K Expenditure Guide
- Supporting Resources for the Web Enrollment System (WES)
- Article 47 (Preschool) Personnel File Cover Sheets
- Article 47 (Infant/Toddler) Personnel File Cover Sheets
- Article 43 Personnel File Cover Sheets
- GFDC Personnel File Cover Sheets
- Template Employee Handbook
- Guide to the Document Transfer System (DTS)
Health & Safety
NYCEECs provide a safe and healthy environment as the foundation for children as they learn and grow. These resources will help support programs’ efforts towards this goal.